Saturday, March 31, 2007

Brotherly Love

Many people tend to express their affections for their loved ones in a number of various ways. My brother (one of three) has continued to set the standard for letting me know how much he loves me. He’s been in the military since 1982 and, at different points in our careers; we’ve been in the same unit together. There is, depending on the month of the year, a four year difference in age and a lot of differences in personalities and life experiences. Given the right circumstances, we have been able to fool a lot of people into thinking one is the other.

My brother and I have always been pretty good at keeping in touch with each other when we have been in different corners of the world on different deployments. We have always sent funny packages, letters and messages to each other in order to stay sane and (honestly) to torture each other. With that being said, he found out about our extension here and pulled strings in order to send a replacement soldier to take my place so that I can go home. It didn’t go exactly as planned but I still appreciate the thought. This is how you know you’re loved.

1 Comments:

Blogger One hot bastard said...

I guess the replacement wasn't ugly enough, huh? He he, see ya later man!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home