Saturday, October 14, 2006

Rain!

We have officially entered rainy season in country! Yes, those of us that have been in country for a while were a little flabbergasted at the sight of rain. I thought I would be the only one sitting outside in the rain actually enjoying it. It turns out that most of us were doing the same thing. You see, it’s been seven months since we’ve seen clouds here much less, rain. Coming from the tropics, rain is a welcome sight to us. The new arrivals to this place were whining about how muddy it has gotten since the rain. The last time I remember, water and sand here make GREAT mud. They’re in for a long tour if they’re complaining about that. Anyway, enjoy the pictures.







2 Comments:

Blogger Mackenzie1975 said...

WOW. Thanks for sharing. These photos are great! Just found your blog and will be back for sure...
Thanks for everything you are doing over there!!
I will stop by to remind myself to stop getting down over silly things back here in Ohio!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hey there...you are an amazing man. I had to come here to thank you for paying attention to my funk without telling me how great I have it while you're over there. I should be helping you out for all you've done for us. I hope to be able to someday.

That does look like cool mud, almost like a beach...but it doesn't really look like sand castle sand...does it? I suppose you could make a huge moat...but would your buddies laugh at a soldier who was making a sand castle?

I really, really feel better, not quite normal yet, but not as bad. Maybe 3/4 way to normal.

Are you a career army dude or just serving your time? When do you get to leave Iraq? I have a thousand questions but I won't bug you with all of them now.

OK, off to watch football...thanks again and have a great day!

Meg

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home